Logan Schools and Education Directory
Do you like the Schools in Logan?
Logan Schools and Education
Possible long HTML article:
Educational Organisations in Logan, Queensland
Logan is a vibrant city in Southeast Queensland, Australia that offers diverse opportunities for education and learning. Whether you are a student looking for academic or vocational programs, an educator seeking professional development or collaboration, or a community member interested in lifelong learning, Logan has a range of educational organisations that can support and enrich your goals.
Here are some of the educational organisations that operate in and around Logan, grouped by category and described with their benefits and activities. The contact details are provided for reference, but please note that they may change over time.
Logan has many public and private schools that offer education for children and young adults from kindergarten to Year 12. These schools are supervised by the Queensland Department of Education or the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and follow the national or state curriculum and standards. Some of the benefits of attending schools in Logan are:
- Accessibility: Most schools have easy access by public transport or car, and are located in or near residential areas.
- Diversity: Logan has a diverse population, and many schools reflect that diversity through their enrolments, staff, and programs.
- Quality: Most schools in Logan have experienced and qualified teachers, well-maintained facilities, and resources that support learning and wellbeing.
- Engagement: Many schools in Logan foster partnerships with families, community groups, and businesses to enhance students' learning opportunities and career pathways.
Some of the activities that schools in Logan offer include:
- Academic programs: Schools offer a variety of core and elective subjects that cater to different interests and abilities, such as English, mathematics, science, humanities, languages, arts, music, sports, and technology.
- Extracurricular activities: Schools also offer a range of extracurricular activities that allow students to explore their passions, develop their skills, and connect with their peers and mentors. These activities may include clubs, teams, competitions, camps, excursions, and community service projects.
- Support services: Schools provide various support services to help students achieve their goals and overcome challenges, such as counselling, tutoring, mentoring, special education, health care, and career guidance.
- Parent and community involvement: Schools encourage parents and community members to be involved in their activities and decision-making, through volunteering, fundraising, feedback, and consultation.
Browse the Queensland Government's directory of schools in Logan for more information on specific schools or search for schools based on your needs.
Universities and TAFE
Logan is also home to several universities and technical and further education (TAFE) institutions that offer higher education and vocational training programs for adults. These institutions are regulated by the Australian Government's Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and are accredited to deliver nationally recognised qualifications. Some of the benefits of studying at universities and TAFE institutions in Logan are:
- Affordability: Many of the programs offered by universities and TAFE institutions in Logan have lower tuition fees than those in bigger cities, and some offer flexible payment plans or scholarships.
- Relevance: Many of the programs offered by universities and TAFE institutions in Logan are designed to meet the needs of the local industries and workforce, and offer practical skills and experiences that can lead to employment.
- Pathways: Many of the programs offered by universities and TAFE institutions in Logan also provide pathways to further study or higher qualifications, either within the same institution or through partnerships with other institutions.
- Support: Many of the universities and TAFE institutions in Logan provide various support services to help students adjust to their studies, such as orientation, counselling, tutoring, and career development.
Some of the activities that universities and TAFE institutions in Logan offer include:
- Degree programs: Universities offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in various fields, such as business, engineering, health, education, and the arts. TAFE institutions offer vocational education and training (VET) programs that lead to qualifications in areas such as trades, hospitality, community services, and information technology.
- Research and innovation: Universities also conduct research and innovation projects that contribute to the development of knowledge and solutions in various fields, and offer opportunities for students and staff to be involved.
- Community engagement: Many universities and TAFE institutions in Logan engage with the local community through partnerships, events, and outreach programs that share knowledge and resources and promote social and economic development.
Some of the universities and TAFE institutions that operate in or near Logan include:
- Griffith University, Logan campus: offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in nursing, education, psychology, and social work, as well as research and community projects. Contact: 1800 154 055.
- Southern Cross University, Logan campus: offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in business, tourism, environmental science, and information technology, as well as research and community engagement. Contact: 1800 626 481.
- TAFE Queensland, Loganlea campus: offers a range of VET programs in trades, health, community services, and information technology, as well as short courses and apprenticeships. Contact: 07 5581 8300.
- Australian Catholic University, Brisbane campus: offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in education, nursing, social sciences, and theology, as well as research and community engagement. Contact: 07 3623 7100.
Other Educational Organisations
In addition to schools and universities/TAFE, Logan also has other educational organisations that offer various learning opportunities for different audiences. Some of these organisations include:
- Logan City Council Libraries: offers free access to books, e-books, audiobooks, movies, music, and online resources, as well as events and programs for children, adults, and seniors. Contact: 07 3412 5430.
- Logan City Community Centres: offers a range of services and programs that support community development, social inclusion, and lifelong learning, such as workshops, classes, counselling, and events. Contact: 07 3412 3412.
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Foundation (QATSIF): offers scholarships and support to Indigenous students in Years 11 and 12 who are studying subjects that lead to tertiary studies or vocational qualifications. Contact: 07 3006 7100.
- Logan Together: offers a collaborative approach to improving the outcomes of children and families in Logan, through partnerships, evidence-based strategies, and community engagement. Contact: 07 3412 4410.
Logan offers a diverse and supportive educational community that caters to different interests, ages, and backgrounds. Whether you are looking for schooling, higher education, vocational training, or community learning, there are plenty of organisations that can help you achieve your goals and connect with others. By taking advantage of the opportunities offered by educational organisations in Logan, you can enhance your knowledge, skills, and wellbeing, and contribute to the growth and prosperity of the city.
Logan Schools and Education Articles